This UK Familiarisation Course is designed specifically for those who are unused to driving in the UK, for example, employees visiting from abroad, or new residents.
What will they learn?
The basic principles of driving on British roads and an overview of the ‘Highway Code’.
Course content includes:
- The laws governing driving on British roads
- Road signs and markings
- Signals at roundabouts and junctions
- Negotiating box junctions and traffic light crossings
- Motorway driving
- General defensive driving principles and techniques
- To reduce the road risk level of the individual
- To introduce the driver to UK legislation and rules of the road
- It will assist in avoiding an accident and navigating safely and confidently.
The usual course timing is a 3 to 3.5 hour session, however this can be adjusted to suit your requirements.
We can provide this training throughout the UK, with the start location at your business premises or another mutually agreed location.
The preferred ratio is 1 driver per trainer, this gives each driver the opportunity to develop their individual skills with the trainer.
You must provide a suitable roadworthy and fully insured vehicle, although vehicles can be provided in some areas, please ask a member of our team for more information. Drivers must hold a valid licence for the vehicle they will be driving.
After the course a written report will be produced, based on the drivers performance during the course, risk areas will be highlighted and any areas where further training is required will be highlighted.